Blog Archive

Monday, January 25, 2010

Almost done.

I have exactly 36 pages left of the Old Testament. Nice!

Some thoughts from the weekend....

Hosea 6:4 "for your goodness is as a morning cloud and as the early dew it goeth away"

What this scripture says to me (he is talking about the tribes of Israel by the way but it is still applicable) is that there are those who only are true to their religion behind closed doors or when no one is around, but in the public they are completely different person and not necessarily a good one either...some of you may have heard the phrases "Sunday Mormon"s or "Christmas and Easter Catholics"....meaning they go through the motions once a week or on special occasions, but as far as every day life goes...they do not live to the standards that they should...I have been thinking about this a lot lately as I am in living in Utah again and there is a huge problem with "Sunday Mormons" (in my opinion- and especially on the road). Everyone knows that Utah is heavily populated with people who are LDS ( I myself am). You would assume that people would be a little more Christ-like on the road....yeah right....I have decided that Utah drivers are probably some of the rudest people I have met in my life and it causes me to mutter a variety of obscene terms on my way to work every morning. I am not perfect either...far from it....I have a lot of things to work on, but at least I try to be kind on the road if not for anything else but to prevent accidents....it is just so frustrating!!! Well anyway, for those of you who read my blog I highly encourage you to be more aware of your actions no matter what religion....actions speak louder than words, and it is your actions that show your true spirit despite what you may or may not do on Sunday. This is yet another thing I am going to work on myself.

Further in Hosea...chapter 7 to be exact I was reading about some very interesting analogies....they used baking analogies....for anyone who is bored enough I dare you to read it and let me know your thoughts on what he is trying to say...I mean I understand the jist (he is frustrated with the people of Israel and their constant failures), but what exactly is he referring to when he uses those baking analogies.... and Katie G. if you are reading this...I appreciated your comments on my last religious post!

No comments: