Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ah Tuesday.

So I decided while I was in church on Sunday to set a few goals for myself...for those of you who know me, I am kind of a slacker when it comes to the church stuff....I don't know why...because when I do the things I am supposed to do I feel so amazing...well anywho.... All the goals for the year are as follows (religious and non-religious)...

1) go to church at least 3 out four Sundays a month
2)attend one of every kind of "session" I can do at the temples in my surrounding area (go to the temple 1-2 times per month)
3) read my scriptures every day
4) finish the old testament
5) pray at least once a day
6) learn to not speak guile

Other goals

1) lose weight (again)
2) avoid sweets for 10 mos (so far on day 12)
3) work on Spanish

These are all the goals I can remember off the top of my head without my journal present.... I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

I like your goals! I want to try and read the Old Testament this year too. I've started that goal a few times now. :) Hopefully this will be the year! And I'm super impressed about your no sweets goal!

Brian and Stacy said...

I've read the Old Testament once and I pray that I will be forgiven for never reading it again. :) Really though. Good job for having that desire...I don't think I ever will.

Tammy said...

Sounds like some great goals! Good luck!