Blog Archive

Sunday, May 2, 2010

April Summary and a completely miserable experience.

Update on goals first:

Temple: went 1 time with my hubby (yay)
Prayer: 29 out o 30 days
Scriptures: 28/30 days
Church: 3/4 weekends
Sweets: ( i had a really hard time this month) 15/30 days

I started adding in exercising twice a day (1000 crunches a day baby) I wanna look amazing for our cruise in September and semi-decent for our Vegas weekend at the end of May. I have been going through an "I don't feel attractive" phase lately...hence the hair..and exercising more....it could be due to the fact I wear jeans and a t-shirt with my hair in a pony tail or messy bun to work every day...because there is just no point in looking nice to play with chemicals all day....nor do I have the time in the morning to care. I have discovered low-fat yogurt...love it....why have I avoided you so long....makes a good replacement for sweets fo sho.....And now for the miserable experience...let me first say that this whole week has been pretty bad...and then to end it I ran a half marathon...while it rained and snowed the whole time....I was soaking wet and miserable....I felt like puking the entire time and wanted to die by mile 8. I finally finished it in under 2.5 hours...which I was hoping to finish in 2 hours but the weather coupled with me not feeling well did not allow me to meet my goal.....Food sounded like a horrible idea when I finished so I waddled...yes waddled to my car and with my completely numb body tried to use my hands to unlock the door and then change into dry clothes.....it was a very challenging situation when you can't feel your body or bend things very well...I proceeded to blast the heat because I just wasn't getting warmer and then started driving back to Murray....I really, really, really wasn't feeling well by this point....I was starting to feel like I was going to vomit or something and so I pulled over and blacked out...yes not a fun experience I must add....I am accustomed to blacking out though as for some reason this is my body's reaction to extreme abdominal pain....and it is not fun...not fun at all... when I finally felt like I could see again...I finished my drive home praying the entire time that I would make it....I rushed home and hurried into the house and spent some time in the bathroom...then attempted to take a shower...every time I got in though I started to feel like I was going to black out and would have to crawl out and lay on the floor in the fetal position....finally on my third try I was able to finish conditioning my hair so that at least it would be manageable and then laid down for a little bit....it then took me another hour or so to get dressed and ready for the day as sudden movements would make me feel dizzy....so yes...this experience made me reconsider my goal for a half a month....i might just aim at any race a month for the moment just because this was such a horrible experience and i do not want repeat....and I don't know if I am going to be running the Red Rock Relay anyway...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! Sarah, first, your amazing for running that race! You finished it and that rocks. I can't believe what you went through after. Just glad you pulled through. Get some rest. That is scary! Also, i think you are doing great on your goals! and the fact that you are still tallying them up this far into the year is rad!

Also, I was thinking about you the other day because last weekend we went to knott's berry farm with Jared's family for his brother's birthday, the last time we were there was with you guys! that was such a fun trip.