Blog Archive

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year and Decade!

I can't believe another year has passed and even further that we are starting a new decade!

I have decided that I am going to attempt to give up sweets for 10 mos (sweets meaning: no ice cream, candy, cake/pastries/brownies, and cookies, but I will allow myself things like sugar free jello, maybe sugar free pudding, and fruit snacks). I know, a very crazy and difficult new years resolution, but I need to learn how to avoid them. Type II diabetes runs in my family and I have already been borderline once, and I am pretty sure that I will have to worry about Gestational Diabetes when I am prego, so I think that honestly if I can accomplish this goal that this will be a life changing experience for me. So far so good- It has only been two days but hey- that is more than I have done in the last 6 months or so- hence my rapid gain of 30-40 lbs ( I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago so I do not know where I am now).

Andy has decided he is going to try to run a mile per day...so far- not so good. LOL He hates running.


New Years eve was spent with awesome friends: The Geisbrecht's, The Hymas', and the Jenkins. We arrived an hour late, 7:30 pm, and ate great food and had lots of laughs. It was a blast! I am so glad that I have people like them who are willing to continue being friends with me. I have grown so much closer to them now then I was back in Junior High and High School and I love it! They are such amazing and inspirational people that I hope will be a part of my life for the rest of mine.

I leave tomorrow to move to Utah. I start my new job in two days and I am so nervous. I was going to leave today, but I stressed myself sick...so I am going to just drive down tomorrow and enjoy the extra day with my hubby. I already have two job interviews set up for teaching fitness classes. One is for boot camp at the Far East Gym- and they sound really excited to meet with me. The other one sounds a little more stressful- it is at the Murry 24-hour fitness location- and I am just waiting for a few more details. I have to show up with a 15 min audition piece- I probably will not get it since I have put on a lot of weight and don't really fit the physical standard of a fitness instructor at the moment- but it will be a good learning experience for future auditions I hope. I think I can fit the high demands as far as energy and cueing go though.

Also....I am selling a few items....an awesome Cannondale road bike it is green and definitely made for someone who is 5'10 to 6'2- a little to tall for me i think. :) It is in excellent condition and has clipless pedals.



A tile cutter- only used once



2 pairs of really nice formal shoes size 7- the black pair (Rampage brad) have been worn once and the red pair (Elegance brand dyeable shoes- originally white) a few more times than that but not much.





A sony 1 GB mp3 player ( blue, black and silver)- barely used.



A sony psyc walkman Atrac mp3 cd player barely used ( blue and silver)



A Zire 21 palm pilot- never used



A trilingual organizer by Mead (Fat little Dayplanner)- never used- not limited by the yearly calendar- can input own dates



A barely used Bell-Howell PZ2200 non-digital camera



An HP deskjet F380 printer/scanner in great condition



2 costumes: Daphne and Fred from Scooby Doo great condition- worn once (one size fits most)




Ceramic Layered Conair Hot curlers- never opened or used



Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested...send me an email sarabeth02@gmail.com- we can work out prices.

1 comment:

Alicia and Blake said...

Your awesome Sarah, it stinks that you have to move! Have fun down in utah, be safe, and don't let your mom drive you crazy ;- ) We'll miss you!