Blog Archive

Friday, December 18, 2009

What I have been up to this month.



Item No. 1 The Watches.
I made six of these for family. As stated in a previous blog, I won a chunkybling watch contest, once I received my prize I set out to figure out how to make them...should have taken pics of the process...but this is what I am giving to the women in my family for Christmas

Item No. 2 The Flower Bows.
I have made these before, I made these as a Christmas present for my Step-mom and Dad's baby Leah.

Item No. 3 The gift baskets.
After my mom gave me some extra cash, I decided to make gift baskets for people in Pocatello who have helped us out really big this year...My 6 bosses (Dr. Holman, Dr. Bennett, Dr. Rosentreter, Dr. De Jesus, Lori, and Mary), Andy's boss Greg Emfield, The Benedetti's for letting Andy live with them and many other things, 2 of Andy's professors, our landlord, and of course our amazing bishop. Inside these gift baskets are hot cocoa, peppermint bark, chocolate, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and pumpkin yeast bread. I put all of these items decoratively on a Christmas plate and then wrapped them with a clear trash bag that I trimmed down and then tied with Christmas ribbon and tags.

Item No. 4 Random gift packets.
I made a couple extra gift goodies for our friends the Giesbrechts, The Hymas', the Hamilton's and our neighbors. To the Geisbrecht's: I had promised Katie I would make her a watch if I won the naming contest, so they got a goody plate with the watch, 2 things of hot cocoa and candy. The other three got a nice combo of those pretzal candies and chocolate peanut butter cookies that look like girl scout cookies. As far as what I did with the pretzels....I took mint truffle kisses and melted them on top as stated by the link, then I put mint M & M's in the center and sprinkled crushed candy cane on top.

Item No. 5 Baking Night.
Last night my friends Audrey and Adrianne came over to bake. I made the pretzel goodies again as shown above and Samoa bars; Audrey made Snickerdoodle blondies; and Adrianne made Mouse cookies and 5 minute fudge....we then split up the goodies amongst ourselves....I ate way too much and felt like throwing up all night and then decided to package the goodies up and put them in the gift bags that I am sending off with my sister for family (My mom, Tom and Neisha; and my Step-mom, Dad,Leah, and Tam).

Sigh...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

sarah, you are amazing!! I wish we lived closer so we could get together and make things! everything looks awesome!