Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update.

Final data inputted into thesis. check

Thesis printed off (117 pages). check

Presentation for defense written. check

Moved date for defense to April 9th
instead of April 2nd. check

Moved order for cake due
to defense date change. check

Last week was our ACS meeting and our post doc never returned when it was over- he went to CA and I found out the day I was supposed to turn my thesis in so I could defend this week. He had the last bits of data I needed to input into my thesis so I could turn it in. Needless to say I was heartbroken Thursday night. I went home and contracted the flu. It started with a cough and turned into aches and pains, fever, and nausea. After attempting to work out on Friday- I laid in bed the rest of the day until I took dayquil and ibuprofen. I do not do sick well and can't just lay around. So, I ran errands as soon as I could move. Saturday, I went and worked out. Andy went back to Idaho, I finished my presentation, and my friend Sarah from Arkansas came to visit me with her fiancee AJ (also from Arkansas). They left me to finish my last minute touches on my presentation and then came back later to take me salsa dancing. We went dancing and had fun. If I ever need a boost of self esteem- I know where to go now. LOL I had South American men all over me-lol- I didn't have a break once- in fact AJ and Sarah had to save me few times as a few of them would not let me be. I even had one of them get in a fight over me. WOW. Well anyways. We drove back home- I went to bed- woke up super sick the next day- but really wanted to go to church. Got up prepared as much food as I could in the morning for the afternoon. Went to church where I think my fever broke at least 3 times. Went visiting teaching, went home and got a blessing from my home teachers, finished cooking and then my friends from Arkansas, their friend Linden and Jenny from my ward came over for dinner- we had a blast. After the left I died on the floor. Then Monday came- and went. Sarah is staying with me until the end of the month as well- btw- she is a dear friend of mine. Today- I felt a lot better- no fever- a little dizzy though. I even did some chemistry today and of course- finished my thesis and printed it off. I will see about making copies of it tomorrow and handing it out to my committee. Woohoo!!!!


Also: Ladies!!! Saturday night I am having a girl's night at 7pm- till whenever. Bring something to eat or drink. We can play games or watch movies. This is the last girl's night I will be able to do- it is kind of a celebrating the semester almost being over/Sarah will be moving soon party ;) hope some of you can make it!!!

I will update you all again when I have the title of Master in front of my name ;)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

wow what a crazy week! Salsa dancing eh? Well if I'm ever feeling down that's where i'll go...lol. I'm sorry to hear you were sick, I hope you are feeling better. You are so close to being done! That's exciting!

Gil said...

I wish I could come and have a girls night with you! One day it'll happen.