Blog Archive

Friday, December 26, 2008

Sick.

Maybe I shouldn't post about this- but I need help. It is that time of the month, and my cycles have been getting progressively worse cramps wise. Today I started having painful cramps at 4am and then I got up at 8 and they got so bad I passed out three times in 10 minutes. I was in severe pain for about 1.5 hours when the pamprin and ibuprofen finally kicked in. Does anyone else suffer with this? I have never had this bad of a cycle before and do not know what I should do, and of course the health clinic is closed today. I am worried that I may have developed endometreosis- although as far as I know it does not run in my family- I suppose I should look up some more info on this health condition because I thought that people usually develop this much younger. Thanks for reading this weird and somewhat personal post- I am going to keep myself drugged up so I don't go through what I did this morning again- it was probably the most painful thing I have ever endured in my life- I began wondering if that is what prego contractions feel like....well anywho...any advice would be great- and there is another post underneath so keep reading.

6 comments:

keithrey said...

You passed out three times in ten minutes?! Eeyikes! I would go to the ER. Or webmd, my trusty source for all things medical. I'm no help. But maybe chocolate will be better help than I am. Oh yeah and the ER thing too. Get better!

keithrey said...

Ahh, that was Calley not my dad. Ya know.

Sarah Roberts said...

thanks calley- i actually did eat chocolate already- i have no vehicle to go anywhere right now either- i am fine now- so i do not know what the heck happened

Katie said...

Yes, contractions feel similar to that I think... and maybe you should be put on some kind of birth control if you aren't already? Or they could switch what you have... I dunno, but good luck! That stinks!

Tammy said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better. Usually with the painful "Contraction like" cramps doctors recommend birth control pills. I had some old roommates that were recommended that. And I believe it helped them with that. I dunno about the passing out thing though, Maybe you need more iron? But I don't know. It's never happened to me. You should definitely go to the Dr. to get it checked out and let them know what is happening though as soon as you can. I hope you feel better!

*Meg Larsen* said...

they prescribe naproxen for the crazy cramps (it's a common narcotic painkiller, i took it for both cramps and migraines) and that seems to help. birth control really should help with that...though you might want to get it checked out if it keeps happening because it could be endometriosis or ovarian cysts...and i've had two friends our age develop both of those and be treated successfully....

hope you feel better!