Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dinner anyone?!

I made something really yummy for dinner...

Sweet and sour Tempeh with roasted veggies.

Sweet and Sour Tempeh

1 package 5 grain tempeh
1/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/2 sliced onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger

1-Half the tempeh and cut into strips.
2-Mix in the sweet and sour sauce, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
3-I allowed it to marinate the whole day.
4-Warm oil on medium high and add onions.
5-Once onions are caramelized (about 10 minutes) add the tempeh mixture and fry for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Roasted veggies

1 lb green beans
1/2 sliced onion
1/2 cup mushrooms
dash of garlic
dash of ginger
dash of seasoning salt
2 tbsp olive oil

1- Preheat oven to 450.
2-Mix ingredients together and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.

Something else I tried last night...homemade pudding

My changes....

I used 1.5 cup coconut milk and 2.5 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
I replaced the sugar with Stevia in the raw cup for cup

Then....

I had a cheesecake pudding mix so I made that as directed.....

I crumbled 1/2 of a low fat graham cracker and placed that in the bottom of a small dish or cup...then I dolloped the chocolate pudding until it covered the graham cracker. After I dolloped the cheesecake pudding to cover the chocolate pudding and lastly I sprinkled some unsweetened coconut to top it....this was so tasty....I need to play a little more with the chocolate pudding recipe....mine turned out bitter and noticeably vegan in flavor....so for now I will be mixing it with other things so the hubby (and myself)doesn't notice. Maybe if I got some fat free whipped cream...hmmmm....

No comments: