Blog Archive

Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Blessing Weekend.

So last weekend...the 16th and 17th.....Andy and I headed back down to Utah for baby blessing central. Both of Andy's cousins with recent additions were blessing their babies. I am now the only married individual in Andy's fam without a lil alien spawn of my own, and it is quite the weird feeling, and of course I get asked at every family get together at least once when Andy and I will join the bandwagon to which my reply is one of a variety: "I do not want any, so get off my back"; or "I have already had a miscarriage, so get off my back"; or (the last straw and definitely works in making people change topics) "Andy and I do not like to have sex, so get off my back". Some of you who read my blog may be able to relate to the annoying- "when are you guys going to have kids" question....I mean I know everyone who asks it is just making conversation, but after you have been asked it 1,900,560,234 times, the question gets old....people...pick a different conversation topic! Well now that I have vented....back to the topic at hand. Soooo... baby blessings...one was in the morning on the 17th in Morgan, UT- which by the way is a very gorgeous little place. The other one was in the afternoon on the 17th in Draper, UT. I ate soo much!!!! It was fun. Everyone keeps asking me if I am prego because I guess I was displaying symptoms of it, but the answer is no...I am not....I eat a lot when I am depressed ok! I also get really grumpy when I am overheated-because I get bloated and I am warm and I am just uncomfortable, now couple that with being depressed because I have put on so much weight and I have nothing to look forward to right now, or an income and I guess you have a person who acts prego. The baby blessings were lovely and Andy's parents got to join us so in all it was a wonderful weekend. Now all I have to do is find a reason to be excited about life again so I can get my weight back under control. Sorry this blog was more of a vent fest than anything, but whatever....I am attempting to upload a photobucket with pics we took that weekend, most were with Andy's parents, and for some reason we left our camera in the car at baby blessing number 2, I think we were all just too exhausted from eating too much to remember to bring in the camera.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah I totally know what you mean about everyone asking when the baby is coming. It was like that for me up until I finally got preggo with Maddie, and even now people STILL ask me when I'm going to have another one! Every time my grandpa sees me he asks me why I don't already have 3 more, as if that's even possible, (well with triplets I guess) Anyways Sarah, I totally need to come visit you!

Alicia and Blake said...

Amen Sarah! Amen! Talk to the girl whose mother-in-law already has a baby fund!

Bethany said...

LOVE your new slideshow at the top of your blog! ;) ;)

Rachele said...

Sarah! You're awesome. Take your time :D And I know how it feels to gain weight back! Depressing! Let's be healthy :D.

Brittany Petty said...

LOL Sarah! I feel your pain, babe. I miss you guys.